IGForums

Author Topic: Streamer Application (How to Apply)  (Read 75 times)

Offline Aquaserge

• Administrator
  • Overall Likeability +37/-10
  • Now that's high quality H²O!
    • Skype - Aquasurge
    • Steam Profile
Streamer Application (How to Apply)
« on: February 21, 2017, 04:15:58 AM »
Applications are: OPEN

Currently looking for streamers to fill the hours of: All ( 6:00 - 15:00 Eastern Time in high demand )

If you're interested in becoming a streamer, then you're in the right place!

Read the information below, and send your application to [email protected]

People that just submit their applications and leave won’t get a response back. Being an active member of the community and participating in events greatly increases your chance at becoming a streamer.

Before You Apply

Download Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) or XSplit Broadcaster. Play around with streaming on your own private channel to get familiar with it, so that in the event that we do contact you, you'll be prepared.

As part of the application, you will be required to include a 5 minute “audition” stream to show that you are physically and technologically capable of streaming, as well as that you can be entertaining as a streamer. What you do in this audition stream is up to you, but your application will heavily rely on this video. You may use YouTube, Twitch VOD, or Twitch Highlights to send in the video, how you do it is up to you.

When you’re ready to submit your application, the subject title of the e-mail should be “Chat name - Application” ( Example: Insomniacgamers12345 - Insomniac Gamers Streamer Application)

Expectations

They are expected to stream at least 10 hours a month as well as maintain the calendar and Twitch dashboard for their streams. They are also expected to be active in the IG community and help out the site where possible.

Personal Channel Streams, YouTube, and Other Interests

We realize that IG is not the end-all be-all of your video based entertainment. As such if you have an established streaming presence in your own channel or on YouTube, we have rules in place to ensure a mutual relationship without causing any harm to either channel. If at any time someone is caught trying to leech viewers from either party maliciously, actions will be taken to ensure the person(s) responsible are dealt with in the appropriate manner.

The Actual Application

TwitchTV Name:

Skype Name:

Discord Tag:

What specific times do you see yourself streaming most frequently?

In what time zone are you located?

Computer Specs:
(List as many as you think are applicable, at the minimum GPU, CPU, and RAM)

Why do you want to be a streamer?

Do you have off stream skills?
(photoshop, singing, guitar, youtube etc.)

Could you post a result of speedtest? (http://www.speedtest.net/)

A link to a 5 minute sample stream of yourself:

Fun fact about yourself!

After Applying

Replies to applications should come within one to two weeks. If there is an issue with the application that needs to be addressed (i.e. computer not up to par) applicants will have one month to correct the issue before a new application will be required.

If the initial application approved once it is reviewed, we will schedule a 1 hour test stream with you in order to better evaluate your skills as an entertainer and your familiarity with the streaming process. This test stream will take place on your personal channel and will be attended by Admins and various IG streamers. Be sure to bring your ‘A’ game.

A few tips to prepare you for your test stream:

• Make sure your personal channel is set to record your stream to Twitch Video On Demand so that any IG personnel that could not attend your stream will have a chance to review it. This is done in your Twitch.tv channel settings, NOT your streaming software preferences.
  • It is not required that you test stream the beginning of a game. You can jump into a game midway through if so desired.
  • The game you choose to test stream is just as important as your performance. Some people can take games that are seemingly “unstreamable” and turn them into very entertaining experiences. This does not apply to everyone. Know your strengths and weaknesses. Pick a game that is best suited to you, not what you think we would want to see.
  • This is just as much about your capabilities to handle streaming from a technical side as it is an entertainment side. Familiarize yourself with the process before your test stream. This goes double if you are attempting to use a capture card to stream from a console.

If your application is rejected due to technical limitations, closed application processing, or inconsistent scheduling issues, please feel free to re-apply at any time once the issue is resolved.

Thanks for your application!

*Original post by former site admin and webmaster Adieuu*

Offline Aquaserge

• Administrator
  • Overall Likeability +37/-10
  • Now that's high quality H²O!
    • Skype - Aquasurge
    • Steam Profile
Re: Streamer Application (How to Apply!)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 04:28:22 AM »
Example:

TwitchTV Name: Aquaserge

Skype Name: Aquasurge

Discord Name: Aquaserge#8969

What times do you see yourself frequenting?
Between 2 PM - 6 AM EST Mon thru Fri

What time zone are you located in?
I am in EST

Computer specs? Only the important ones.

CPU: I7 2600k
GPU: GTX 980 Ti
RAM: 32 GB

Why do you want to be a streamer?

Video games has always been my passion. I feel like I would be a good candidate as I have a fun personality and a willingness to communicate with the community.

Do you have off stream skills (Website design, singing, guitar, youtube etc.)

I like to -try- to do voices, although it is a work in progress. I have enough skill with photoshop, premiere, etc to get myself in trouble but not enough to do anything extravagant.

I leave FREEDOM in my wake.

Could you post a result of speedtest?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1746079906.png

Fun fact about yourself!

Being a dad makes streaming rough.

A link to a 5 minute stream sample of yourself: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/49805287

Email Your answers to: [email protected]

Thanks for your application!