IGForums

Author Topic: Pokemon RD Version  (Read 49 times)

Offline RDMT

• Streamer
  • Overall Likeability +58/-8
    • Skype - nobodybetterhavethis
Pokemon RD Version
« on: August 11, 2017, 04:38:30 PM »
Thanks to everyone who came to the 24-hour Pokemon Red Stream in July! Since now I know it at least kinda works, I'd like to share the hack I made!

Now, as you probably know, distributing roms is illegal and as such I'll leave it to you to find a legitimate copy of Pokemon Red and take the proper steps to get it onto your computer. I believe the base version I used was Pokemon Red 1.0, USA version.

From there, you'll need the IPS patch file containing the changes I've made: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x970iqdtji1y8m5/Pokemon%20RD%20Version.ips?dl=0

You'll also need a program that can actually do the patching. I recommend Lunar IPS. http://fusoya.eludevisibility.org/lips/

Once you've got an IPS patching program, apply the patch to your legitimately-obtained Pokemon Red rom and you should be good to go!

Offline RDMT

• Streamer
  • Overall Likeability +58/-8
    • Skype - nobodybetterhavethis
Re: Pokemon RD Version
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 04:39:30 PM »
**********Version 2.8.5**********

******Already done******

***Fixes***
Ghost is now super-effective against Psychic-types. Previously it had no effect.
Focus Energy might be fixed? It's hard to tell. The patch causes the crit ratio to be multiplied by 2 rather than divided, but this might cause overflow errors.

***Type Changes***
The Gastly line is pure Ghost type. This removes their weakness to Psychic and Ground types.
The Geodude line, as well as Onix, are now pure Rock-type. This makes them slightly less weak to Grass and Water types while allowing them to be hurt by Electric types.
Mewtwo and Mew are now Psychic/Normal. This gives them an immunity to Ghost type.

***Moveset Changes***
Charizard can now learn Fly. It originally wasn't able to until Pokemon Yellow.
Pidgey now starts with Sand Attack. Previously it learned the move at Level 5.
Pidgey's line now learns moves by Gen 2's learnlist.

Mew's stats and moveset have been changed.
-All stats are now 120 (originally 100)
- Learns Metronome at Level 10, 20 30 and 40
- Catch rate has been changed to 3

Mew has replaced Mewtwo's spot in Unknown Dungeon.
Mewtwo are random encounters on Unknown Dungeon B1.

***Move Changes***
Gust is now Flying-type. Previously it was Normal-type.
Wing Attack has been boosted to base power 60. Previously it was BP 35.
Karate Chop is now Fighting-type move. Previously it was Normal-type.
Dragon Rage is now a base power 80 move with 30% flinch chance. Previously it had fixed 40 HP damage. This allows Dragon Rage to get STAB as well as be super-effective against other Dragon-types.
Psybeam is now a Bug-type move called Bug Out.
Strength is now Fighting type. Previously it was Normal-type.
Pin Missile has been boosted to Base Power 25. Previously it was base power 14.
Leech Life has been boosted to power 40. Previously it was Base Power 20.

***Catching 'Em All***
Haunter, Machoke, Graveler and Kadabra now evolve at level 50. Previously they were trade-only evolutions.
Pokemon that were exclusive to Blue Version are now obtainable. Magmar is a wild Pokemon within Pokemon Mansion, while Sandshrew, Vulpix, Meowth, Bellsprout and Pinsir are prizes at the Celadon Game Corner.
Starters are now catchable on Route 21.
Tangela has been moved to Safari Zone Center.
Eevees are now catchable on Route 23.
Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee are available on Victory Road B2.
Omanyte and Kabuto are now available in Pokemon Mansion F3.

******To-Do******
Double-check Focus Energy
Edit Psybeam's attack animation
Boost Ghost-type moves, currently all they have for STAB is Lick
Mew only gets Pound and Metronome currently, will probably just change Mew's moveset back to normal